Saturday, October 21, 2017

The Weekend Report: It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!

Blogging truly seems to have fallen by the wayside. I have lost all urges to keep this space going and that makes me sad. I blame FaceBook and its easy instant gratification! Post something there and you instantly start getting those silly "likes" that feed the ego. BUT! Something so worthy of a post and my storyline here happened on Monday that I can't let myself be lazy!

First let me build up to it....

As you all know, Jimmy and I have been getting ever closer to our big PACH2 title (Preferred Agility Champion, second time!). I reported on the first try here. We also had another try this past Friday the 13th. It was at that great farm I love so much. Alas, this time the weather did not cooperate. It was cloudy and damp almost the whole day. I was uninspired when it came to photos and took not one. The agility went well but we did not earn the 20th double-Q we needed to finish our PACH2. One bar was knocked down and with it the QQ. But really, I wasn't too upset. I knew I had another two day trial coming up after the weekend, and it was one where earning the big title would be truly special!

This past Monday and Tuesday, the Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club of America held it's first mixed-breed agility trial. They have held all-Cardi trials as part of their National Specialty, but never a stand-alone all dogs trial. Despite it being a long drive from my house (2 full hours each way!), I signed up for both days. You always sign up a couple of months ahead of time so I had no idea my big title would be in play.

I got up at the ass-crack of dawn (4AM!!!) in order to get to the facility nice and early. I didn't need to be there quite so early, but wanted to settle in and be available to help the club.

I had four runs for the day. The first one was Premier Standard. It went very well, but Jimmy took out the very last jump! Just when you think you are home free! LOL!

This transitioned into regular Standard that was needed for my double-Q. Here is the map:


Really not too bad. One thru five was just like Premier so Jimmy recognized it right off. The end of the dogwalk is always iffy but we got past that cleanly. The rest was pretty much keeping the bars up.
We made it it through cleanly and had part one of our QQ! And of course I was sure to get video (thanks Abbey!)....





I spent a good part of the day working as a leash runner in order to keep my nerves in check. I was half way to my QQ#20!  Plus being the leash runner helps me meet all those steps we should walk each day!

My next run was Premier Jumpers. This one was tricky and I had to work hard on keeping Jimmy on course but we finished it with a Q!

And finally.....the last run of the day for us would be our regular Jumpers run. I tried very hard to keep my mind focused and to be in the moment. First, here is the map.....


It had a couple of awkward spots, like 8, 9, 10 and getting to the side where I wanted to be without causing Jimmy to knock a bar, and also the angle of 18 to 19. I didn't want Jimmy to slice 19 too much and possibly knock the bar there. Very happily and fortunately, the fates were kind to me. We finished up cleanly and there it was! Double-Q#20 and our big PACH2 title! And while that is very sweet on its own, earning this title at the National Cardigan Club trial is such a thrill! I earned a beautiful big ribbon and my PACH bar for everyone to sign....


Now don't worry, I of course got video of the Jumpers run (Thanks Kim!) and also the little celebratory run around the ring....



If you have read my other posts for our MACH and first PACH, you know it is tradition to get a picture with the judge. My judge was Kathy Rupprecht.


I also did a portrait of Jimmy with his ribbon once we got home......

Jimmy is SO serious! Posing his little heart out!
Over the course of Monday and Tuesday, Jimmy and I ran eight courses and qualified in five. About right for our usual average. This gave me a few more CWCCA ribbons for my collection!



This is probably our last championship title. I won't push Jimmy for another one. Now we will just play without any goals and see how it goes. What a great little teammate Jimmy is! 
Love, Love, LOVE this boy!


Tracking Jimmy's PACH 2 progress:
Very 1st Double-Q: Sunday 5/1/2016
QQ#20: Monday 10/16/2017 We did at the CWCCA's first stand-alone trial!!!!
Masters JWW legs: 66...MJP Title 01/25/15 MJPB 10/11/15 MJPS Title
Masters STD legs: 60...MXP Title!10/24/14 MXPB 04/30/17 MXPS Title
Double Q's: 20 (out of 20 needed)
PACH Points: Way more than we need! I have lost count!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations to a wonderful awesome team. Looks like Jimmy really likes running there. He was a very good boy and you stayed out of his way. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in awe of you and your Jimmy for this accomplishment! Hooray for both of you! Congrats, Terry (who should be attempting this with Reg but fears too much clumsiness)
    P.S. I'm not a Facebook girl and don't often comment here, but I look for your blog posts every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS to both of you! It is teamwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO and YAY!!!! Well done...pawsome work Jimmy and just look at the rosette....wow!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I loved the video--so very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! Mabel and I made our agility debut at a TDAA trial today. We did a wicked tunnel game - did every one right but we were over time. She then did a standard beginners coarse and did real well. Almost a Q but one off course. All in all a good first try!
    hugs
    Hazel, Mabel & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene and Annie AnnOctober 23, 2017 at 9:31 PM

    Congratulations! You two are a great team! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge congrats how awesome and great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! So pawesome! Man, that's some haul of ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wilson whiled away the hours, whizzing on the winsome wild flowers?

    I hope he is well today...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, talk about going out on a high note! Congratulations.

    Loved the videos--especially at the end seeing Jimmy wagging his tail and looking up at you as if to ask, "What's next?"

    All your work is a credit to a beautiful relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Taryn! For any non-agility folks reading this blog, 3 agility Champion titles is quite a feat, and a rare accomplishment. You guys looked super, and Jimmy seems very happy running! Have fun playing in the future.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been away from the internet for quite a while in the Utah desert. I scanned your titles from when I was away, and I knew that I had to read this one. Watching your final video brought tears to my eyes. You and Jimmy are an amazing TEAM!!!!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...