Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Weekend Report - Hear Us Roar!

First, pick your preferred background music....(you may need to wait a second to skip an ad.....)

Click this link  and hear the song that goes with my blog title......

Click this link to know how I am feeling......

Click this link to hear Jimmy's theme song that goes with his registered  name.......

Ok, now that there is some mood music, here's the big news:

This weekend was attempt # 4 to earn that final double-Q (# 20) toward our MACH title! And.....AND...this time we were SUCCESSFUL! The courses were a bit tricky and fast, but somehow or other the stars aligned and we made it through! Of course my nerves probably made it seem tougher than it really was!

First up was the Standard run. There was a pinwheel after the dogwalk that made me nervous Jimmy might miss his contact. I told him to Wait and he stopped just short of getting his feet in the yellow. Uh-oh! He will jump over the yellow sometimes when this happens, but I got him to take another small step and his front feet touched the zone. It was very deliberate and I knew the judge could see it. Whew! We made it through the pinwheel and completed the weaves,  a-frame and onto the table. We were heading into the home stretch and the only worry left was not toppling the triple jump at the very end. Jimmy cleared all the bars and we were home safe! Yay!

Here it is:




The course map:



So if I thought I was nervous in the morning, I was just about hyperventilating before this run! LOL! The issue in this run was straight tunnels. Even before I hurt my knee, I could not beat Jimmy to the end of a straight tunnel, so I knew it would be harder now. On the first pass, my front-cross in front of the tunnel put me a bit behind so Jimmy definitely beat me but luckily kept going to take the next jump and didn't turn back to sass me for being slow. The next few jumps went by in a blur and luckily all of them stayed up. It was weaves to a couple of jumps and back through that straight tunnel. Fortunately this time I was already on the correct side I needed to be and could get ahead of Jimmy. The jump after the tunnel was messing up the fast dogs so I knew I needed to get there on time. Luckily I won that foot race and the final challenge was once again clearing a triple jump at the very end! Luck was was on our side and the Double-Q was ours! When you MACH, you get to take a victory lap so that's what you are seeing at the end. Yes, I was VERY HAPPY!

Here is is:



The course map:


Our Stats from the day:

You might need to click to enlarge.





Now like the MACH cake I've mentioned before, it is also tradition to get your picture taken with the judge you earned your title under. You all know I am not fond of having my picture taken, but I didn't think I should pass on this tradition.

Judge: Scott Stock

I plan to wax philosophical on our journey to this big achievement, but I want to save it for another time. It will require a lot of thinking, remembering, and writing and it may be boring! I want to make this post (reasonably) short and sweet.

And now to paraphrase Katy Perry's lyrics in her song Roar:

'Cause we are champions and you’re gonna hear US roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear US ......


26 comments:

  1. I knew you all could do it!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! to both Jimmy and you. You are quite a team! Enjoy your victory!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Jimmy and Taryn!!! Getting MACH is hard and I'm happy for you!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooooooHoooooo!!! YEA!!!!! I SO knew you could do it!!! CONGRATS guys!!
    Nows...margaritas all around!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    pees: I LOVES the pic!! you guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Taryn! I am so happy for you and Jimmy! You two were totally in sync on that course.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow well done.Congratulations to you and Jimmy. Pawsome job and we hope for many more great achievements for you both this year. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo, bravo....Congratulations! We knew you'd do it!

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so excited for you both! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! That's awesome! You guys look so happy at the end of the video - you should be very proud after all that hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Horray...congrats.....good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah!!!!!! This is fantastic

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOORAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! And I'm not gonna lie, the judge is kinda hot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah Jimmy, what a champ! Well done dude!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very happy for you! I'm glad you got your big ribbon, I was worried when I didn't see them bring it out to you. In the PNW the MACH/PACH folks and their dogs get to run around the ring like mad people taking the course in reverse and running with their ribbon. It's crazy but oh, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The celebratory runs around the course used to be more flamboyant, but as MACHs became more common, it seems to be toned down a bit. The club would have brought me my pole/ribbon but I never mentioned anything to them beforehand. A club member ran over immediately as I stepped out of the ring and handed it to me.

      Delete
  15. Woot woot!!!! Smells like...VICTORY! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WooHoo!! Congratulations on an amazing feat! I really enjoyed watching the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY! HUGE congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an accomplishment, especially after your injury this year. Way to go. Congrats to both you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful runs! Difficult courses! What a great victory lap! Now I know why I heard "Sharp dressed man" at the gym yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations again!! I'm so happy for you guys!! Persistence pays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had to come back and read all about your day! You had me in happy tears, lol! Loved the videos. It's so wonderful to see someone having so much fun with their dog and Jimmy is obviously having a great time too. He's so fast!! Congratulations again and thanks for giving me a great start to the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Huge congrats!!! I am so happy for you both! I teared up a little bit... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...