Monday, July 10, 2017

The Weekend Report: Still Trying!

Logging another one of our attempts at getting a double-Q....alas no luck once again! Sigh! I am beginning to think trialing just one day out of the weekend isn't enough for us to find our mojo! So often our weekend trials would end with success in 3 out of 4 runs. So now, with only one day and two runs, we aren't getting enough tries for a double-Q. I'll put this theory to the test at the end of the month when I do both days of the Pembroke Welsh Corgi trial.

Here are the maps:


The day started with Standard (map on the left) and the first obstacle was the tire. Tires are magnetized and break apart if the dog whacks it too hard. That is then considered a fault. Well, right off the bat, Jimmy broke the tire. When I put him in his stay, I had a niggling feeling I had set him just a bit too close, but didn't adjust him. Obviously I should have trusted my instinct! Then, oddly, the judge didn't call it. But I was thrown for a loop by the tire and made my own course mistake so we were very definitely NQ'd! If the rest of our run had been clean, I still would have told the judge about the tire. I never like to take a Q I didn't truly earn.

The Jumpers run had a few odd angles but otherwise went well and fast. Jimmy qualified and earned the blue ribbon! Still a speedy boy at 10!

I have gotten incredibly lazy about videos and for that I do apologize. These weekend reports aren't much without that! I'll share a few pretty flowers from my garden just to add a bit of color to this post....





Tracking Jimmy's PACH 2 progress:
Very 1st Double-Q: Sunday 5/1/2016
QQ#20: 
Masters JWW legs: 58...MJP Title 01/25/15 MJPB 10/11/15 MJPS Title
Masters STD legs: 52...MXP Title!10/24/14 MXPB 04/30/17 MXPS Title
Double Q's: 15(out of 20 needed)
PACH Points: 1600 plus more! I have lost count!

4 comments:

  1. Well done on the Blue Ribbon Jimmy
    Those flowers do look stunning, beautiful colours
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys sure work hard on your agility! Congrats on your blue ribbon. And thanks for the pictures of your beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Jimmy...what a legend! Hope you can get in more runs the next time! Love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to start wearing a GoPro on your head to get video on the course. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...