Monday, October 3, 2016

In My Mind....

.....I'm gone to Carolina!

One of my very favorite James Taylor songs is Carolina in My Mind. And while I don't think James Taylor was singing about South Carolina specifically, hearing that song always makes me think of my many, many trips to the beach.

I'm back home now but I still have plenty of photos to share....Here is some of the scenery I love, and using a bit of the song's lyrics for fun.

Can't you just see the sunshine....

























Can't you just feel the moonshine?


Ain't it just like friends of mine, to follow me from behind? (had to change those lyrics just a bit!)


There ain't no doubt in no one's mind, that your dogs' love is the finest thing around (more lyric tweaking! :-) )


And, hey babe, the sky's on fire.....Gone to Carolina in my mind.....


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful portraits of the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful setting but my dogs would be sniffing for something disgusting to roll in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of HER favourite James Taylor songs, too. You've illustrated it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beach rivals Florida for beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Carolina! We went there every summer when I was a kid - both North and South. Beautiful photos and I love the lyrics to go with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos - and the lyric tweaks! (And I love James Taylor - saw him twice, but that was many many many moons ago!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...