Tuesday, May 21, 2013

From Our Walk Last Friday....

Just when I was thinking I'd need to skip a day or two of posts due to a low inventory of photos, our walk last Friday gave me a few post-worthy shots! Whew!

First, the wildlife......

At first glance, I thought this was the goose family I had already posted about. The goslings looked about the right amount older but on closer inspection this family has six babies versus the five in the last post. I loved how they aligned themselves in such a nice straight row as well as the water-patterned green reflections. Their formation made me think of a train.

All aboard the Goose train! ....or......They've really got their ducks in a row!
A close-up of the goslings....They are pretty much the definition of an Ugly Duckling, even if they are geese!

We've gone past cute to that awkward tween phase!


Next, some more turtles, socializing in the sun....

Eastern Painted Turtles
We ran into some Mallards a bit further down. This first guy was plainly suspicious of the dogs and was doing his best to give a hairy eyeball.

Click to enlarge his grouchy look!
A Great Blue Heron looking for breakfast across the lake....


Two more Mallards....or is it four more?


And of course the Mallards got my eye looking for a way to get the boys in on a reflection shot. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I love reflections, like here,  here, and here .

First Jimmy cooperated.....


And then Wilson tried the same pose....

I like Wilson's better, he hadn't yet rippled the water....
A couple more with Wilson.....

This one reminds me of an Aesop fable .

A big Wilson smile

And now, I am once again out of photos!

______________________________________________________________________________

I compiled this post before I had learned of the terrible damage caused by a huge tornado in Moore, OK. It doesn't feel right to post pictures of my ordinary and routine life without at least acknowledging this tragedy. My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

USA Today posted this link with ways to safely donate:

10 comments:

  1. Very nice photos -- especially the "four" mallards and the ones of the dogs. I like your comments about the tornado. I, too, struggle with posting photos of my safe and comfortable life when so much heartbreak and misery is happening to others. I remember when Darby was sick a few years ago at the same time recovery from the earthquake was starting in Haiti. I remember thinking of mothers there whose injured and sick children went without the medical care I so easily obtained for my puppy. Life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to see everything green and the water fowl out with their babies. Here it is awfully gloomy. No sun at all. Sigh! However we are luckier than those affected in Oklahoma. We say a prayer for the people of Moore.
    Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Wilson reflection shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happens to me also, when I think I have nothing else to blog about, whammo, I get a whole bunch. That is a beautiful place. We are also praying for our countrymen in Moore. What a sad few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your reflection shots. :) Especially the mallards! And seeing Ryan goslings cousins a few days older is totally squee worthy. :) Looking forward to the day Ryan is feathered out and can fly away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your reflection photos, especially Wilson's first two! Looks like a really nice and relaxing walk. You got a lot of wonderful pictures. I really enjoyed them. :)

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots. Thanks for the link. The news is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos. I think Wilson is trying to look at his reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these photos and how you captured their reflections in the last few - just gorgeous!First place winners there!Also I wanted to thank you for your kind words about our Carly - it meant a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...