Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wilson Was a Wee Woozy on Wordless Wednesday



Not only did I wake Wilson from his nap, but he has been trying a new arthritis medicine, one that is easier on his kidneys than an NSAID. Its side effect is drowsiness , and it definitely hit Wilson. From what I've read, he will adjust after the first few days or so and not seem so out of it. I could tell he was feeling sore without his usual Deramax pills, so I really hope this drug will ease his joint pain.

We did receive good news on his latest blood test results. The phosphorus levels in his blood (and the stuff that makes him feel like crap) are quite a bit lower than a month ago! YAY! With the phosphorus lower, his overall kidney function is a bit better. YAY again! While there is no beating kidney failure in an old dog, improved function makes him feel and eat better. We will take what we can get! When first diagnosed, I really didn't think he would make it to 2018. So seeing even a small improvement in the new year is pretty amazing!

17 comments:

  1. Poor guy! I hope he feels better soon. And you hang in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless him...here's to the new meds helping him...{{hugs for him from across the pond}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year
    Feel better soon dear Wilson
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy every moment! Hope he feels better quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Wilson! Shadow had to be taken off the Carprofen last summer because of her elevated liver enzyme levels. The Gabapentin (nerve block) helps a little bit, but I found that the Treatibles CBD oil gel caps really help even more. This artic air wave doesn't help our fur-kids' arthritis either. POTP to Wilson from Shadow and Ducky and a belly rub from me. And ear rub for Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad he is better--even if sleepy. Just enjoy him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see Wilson here with us in the new year! Hope the new meds are helping. We are continually sending good thoughts his way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hope Wilson has many more Mew Years with you! Hugs to you both! -Valentine (& Mom) of Noir Kitty Mews

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hope Wilson will get used to his new pain med, so he can be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear Wilson's kidneys are doing better -paws crossed the new medicine helps him
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear Wilson's bloodwork is good! Have you considered CBD oil for his arthritis? I have Sampson on it, and honestly, it's like he's a puppy again at times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy to read that Wilson's blood work is improving. I could sense that you worried a lot about how much time he had. Every single day is a gift. I hope that you get lots and lots of gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh noes! I'm so behind, that I didn't even knows you were feelin' bad Wilson! I am glads to hear your kidneys are betters. I gots some problems in that department (though, mine is high protein), so I had to change my pain med too! I have been thinkin' of that CBD oil too...seems to do wonders for lots of puppers!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wilson... I'm so glad you found something that is working better.

    Monty, Harlow, and Ramble

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...