Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Just a Dusting

This was taken a couple of weeks back, and with my crappy cell phone camera. But I liked the scene so cell phone it was! There was just the slightest bit of snow and it painted our trails white for a short while.


We have been having quite the cold spell lately and we will all be happy for the milder weather coming these next few days! Last night we had an ice storm that has made walking on pavement impossible. Just to get the boys out for a quick potty break, I had to lay towels down wherever we needed to cross cement. It was still very slippery this morning and to reach our usual walking trail that is gravel, I had to cross the paved section first. I actually sat down and scooted across on my butt! I may have looked silly, but better that than a broken wrist or hip! The sun is out so hopefully the ice will be gone soon!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds scary when its so unsafe to walk on the pavement. I hope the weather warms up a bit for you soon
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD, a dog mom who carries towels to keep everyone safe crossing the icy patches? I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't be too careful with ice on the ground. We've been super freezing around here lately. But it's supposed to warm up this week. I'll believe it when I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice is no fun! hope you only have snow...or clear...in future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A butt scoot in public beats a broken bone any time. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's quite the ice storm - scooting on your butt is a very creative solution. We actually have microspikes that we attach to our shoes when it gets like that. But winter seems like it's passing us by this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t think I could live where it gets icy... I’m clumsy enough under ideal conditions. I’d be butt-scooting and crawling and using towels right along with you! Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...