Monday, August 21, 2017

The Weekend Report: Fantastic!

I tried out a new trial location for this report. While most people I know have gone to this site many times before, it was just outside my distance range, plus, until this year, it did not have A/C in the agility ring building, just the crating room. The venue is called Bella Vista and the trial was given by the Northern Virginia Brittany Club. It took just about a full two hours to get there, located a good distance north of Gettysburg, PA. That's a lot of driving in one day but, boy, oh BOY! Was it ever worth it this time!

We had a fabulously successful weekend! I had signed us up for four runs, regular Standard and Jumpers, and the trickier Premier Standard and Jumpers. I'll have to apologize up front, there are no videos. I didn't know too many people (not the usual gang here!) and I didn't want to bug anyone for video help.
 
I have the maps of course. And also a photo of our results.... Since it has been a few days since the trial (last Thursday), I'm not even going try a blow by blow description. I just know I was pleasantly surprised as run after run, Jimmy kept qualifying! When we got down to the fourth and final run, regular Jumpers, I didn't think our luck could possibly hold. But lo and behold, it did! And Jimmy had earned double-Q #19!!!! We are now on the very cusp of finishing his big PACH2 title (Preferred Agility Champion 2). Every trial from now on could be the one! So now I must have someone video us from here on out! Don't want to miss having that on camera!

It was such a lucky day, I even won one of the workers raffles, a Starbucks card! Woohoo! I think I probably should have played the lottery that day!





Tracking Jimmy's PACH 2 progress:
Very 1st Double-Q: Sunday 5/1/2016
QQ#20: 
Masters JWW legs: 63...MJP Title 01/25/15 MJPB 10/11/15 MJPS Title
Masters STD legs: 58...MXP Title!10/24/14 MXPB 04/30/17 MXPS Title
Double Q's: 19 (out of 20 needed)
PACH Points: Way more than we need! I have lost count!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! One of those days when all your ducks lined up...and cooperated. Well worth the long drive. Go Jimmy! (Hope you enjoyed a coffee on the way home.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jimmy :) Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...