Monday, February 1, 2016

The Weekend Report: QQ#18 !!!

This weekend Jimmy and I went to an agility trial given by the Oriole Dog Training Club. After all the snow we have had, and being cooped up indoors for days, I didn't know what to expect from Jimmy. I kind of figured he would be a wild monkey. He surprised me by being nicely focused and accurate! What a good boy!

We had a couple of fairly technical courses that had lots of opportunities for mistakes, plus the building had support poles we had to avoid.  The floor padding was blue which makes a different feel as well.

The Standard run came first. As always, I pretty much cross my fingers and hope Jimmy will get his dogwalk contact. This one had an off-course tunnel near by to add to the challenge.  I got lucky and he did it right! We were through the hardest part! The rest was mainly run fast and get past one of the ceiling poles that was right next to a jump. We ended cleanly, yay! Jimmy earned second place for this run, being beaten by over a second by his Pemmie "girlfriend" that he trains with a lot.

And I actually got video this time! (Thanks Darlene!)....





And then our Jumpers run.....mainly a tricky weave entry and a couple of off-course possibilities....And, yes, more video:


So there we had it, a double-Q to start off the season! Woohoo! This was #18 so just two more to go until we earn our PACH.

Here are the maps for those that like that sort of thing.....


I had also signed up for a new game the AKC has recently added called Premier. It's a harder, more challenging course in either Jumpers or Standard format. I was looking forward to trying it, but the day was moving along so slowly I would have needed to wait another couple of hours to run. I had a long drive home and just didn't have it in me to wait. But here's the map:


We've also started over qualifying for another Nat'l Agility Championship, so this was my first of 7 double-Qs we will need.

Tracking Jimmy's PACH progress:
Very 1st Double-Q: Saturday 06/21/2014
Masters JWW legs: 32...MJP Title 01/25/15 MJPB 10/11/15
Masters STD legs: 29...MXP Title!10/24/14 MXPB 10/11/15
Double Q's: 18
PACH Points: 1375


AKC Nationals 2017: Location TBD
Double-Q's: 1 (out of 7 needed)
Points: 44 (out of 550 needed)

9 comments:

  1. YAY, well done Jimmy...was he being a gentleman and letting the girlie win? I luffs the videos, Jimmy's soooo quick and sooooo focused!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!!! Nicely done! Always enjoy watching the videos. Those looked like some tricky courses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant runs! Such speed, too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! A job well done. We know all about having to WAIT for things, so we'd have gone home, too. Jimmy's off to a great start for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crikey Jimmy .... how good are you, mate?? Your Mom's pretty good too, aye?? My Mum'd send me over the wrong things. She's got no memory that she's aware of.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...