Thursday, June 6, 2013

We're Bored! (and maybe boring, too!)

We live in a neighborhood of sidewalks, paved walking trails, and as you've seen many times, the W&OD linear park. Well, there's only so many times you can walk the same route and not start to feel a bit of ennui. It also doesn't help that the W&OD is fairly overgrown right now and is a horrible hotbed of ticks!

So this morning, I threw Jimmy and Wilson in the car and drove to another of our man-made lakes. This one is completely surrounded with houses, townhomes and condos. The paved trail circles the whole lake and is probably at least a mile around. With so much housing nearby, it is also a busy trail. Joggers, walkers, a few bikes and of course lots of dogs. I had hoped to make it all the way around, but the lure of P-mail was much too strong!  The boys had to sniff just about every blade of grass, lamp pole, you-name-it, so we made no progress whatsoever! Of course, needing to respond to all that P-Mail, both guys had empty bladders in no time! So, a much shorter than desired (by me) walk didn't really matter....

Here are a couple of shots from the walk.......





We need to do something new and exciting soon, or I fear a blogging break is imminent! Of course there are still a few old headers to share......

11 comments:

  1. I wonder how bored finn and Charley get doing the same morning walk. I try to spice it up a bit on weekends, so I wonder..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about my walks with Beamer. Dammit, suburbia, you are so boring! We tried to go hiking once, but it started to rain, so raspberries to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Wrigs ever gets bored with walking the same route, because there are new smells to check out every day.

    Susan and Wrigs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get a new fun toy for blog fodder. The Grinz ball by Rogz is awesome (no, no one paid me to say so, I just totally love their product). My dogs love it, and it makes for hilarious pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We feel for you. Our park is across our street and it isn't that big but the good thing is the squirrels. Endless fun on what would be otherwise a boring expanse of green. We are lucky. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its always nice to go explore new areas (tick free).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure Jimmy and Wilson loves their walks, no matter where it is :)
    Great clock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe, our mum is the same and thinks we don't do much exciting stuffs. We're thinking of being naughty just to make her happy!! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ticks! Ugh. Glenn, Erika and I tromped around some property up close-ish to you (I think) in Fauquire county last weekend. Even after applying Deep Woods Off to ourselves we came home with ticks. Glenn, was especially grossed out! As to exploring new areas, I admire you for getting out as much as you do. I almost never take our girls beyond our neighborhood. I'm hoping to change that when I cut back to part-time work hours later this summer. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a great place to go and visit. Always good to have new scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My walks with Bailey, our angel beagle, were like that. We'd go out for 50 min or so, and only cover about 20-min worth of ground! She had to sniff everything, while I just stood there going yup-yup-yo...

    We also used to live in a boring neighborhood for walking so I'd drive somewhere different - but, yes, then there's all the new pee-mail! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...