Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Weekend Report - Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Well, yesterday was the Potomac Valley Golden Retriever Club agility trial held in Westminster, MD. This trial was run small to tall so it made for a nice short day. Gotta love that! Unfortunately, that's all there was to love...well, other than Jimmy, in a general sense! We had no success in either run, so it was a big double-NQ!

Standard was first. I knew where I would find trouble on the course and sure enough, I did! It was the dogwalk, to a jump, to the far end of a tunnel. Clustered into that same area was the table, as well. I was so concerned about, a) Jimmy hauling down the dogwalk toward the off-course end of the tunnel and/or blowing his contact and b) in trying to work the end of the dogwalk, that I might actually get an off-course table, that I ended up getting a refusal at the jump he was supposed to take because my handling sucked!  Jimmy was a bit annoyed at me for all the confusion, so he did not want to get on the table. After a couple of tries, he did get on, I praised him profusely, and we ran the rest of the course cleanly.

Jumpers was not too long a wait. It was not a very difficult course. Unfortunately, Jimmy took out the top bar of the triple. I am pretty sure it was my fault as I think I told him to go to the tunnel while he was still in the air over the jump. Saying anything over a jump is a very good way to get a bar as it calls Jimmy's attention to me and his feet drop just enough....Since I am on the quest for Double-Q's, not qualifying in STD means not qualifying in JWW really isn't too upsetting other than missing out on a few speed points.

Here's the STD run.....I did not get video of JWWs.




Tracking Jimmy's MACH progress:
Excellent B JWW legs: 20 (out of 10 needed for his MXJ) Now he's working on his MXJ3!
Excellent B STD legs: 7 (out of 10 needed for his MX) Better than halfway to our MX!
Double Q's: 5 (out of 20 double-Q's needed for a MACH.... 25 Percent!)
MACH Points: 386 (out of 750 speed points needed for a MACH...... 51 Percent!)

Time 2 Beat legs: 4 (out of 15 needed for his T2B) 32 points (out of 100 needed) 

2 comments:

  1. No worries as long as you and Jimmy enjoyed it that is what matters. These Cardis can half move and jump! Have a lovely Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping things will work out again one of these days so I'll be on the East Coast and able to watch you and Jimmy compete.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...