Monday, June 18, 2012

The Weekend Report - Table Success!

This weekend Jimmy and I had our first agility trial since the Cardigan Nat'l Specialty back in April. It was held by the Mattaponi Kennel Club. I am pleased to report we were much more successful this time!

Of course, getting Jimmy on the table is always my biggest concern. I have been working with him on targeting the table. He's been hopping on and poking his nose at a bottle cap resting in the middle. I tell him to "Go touch" to get him looking for the bottle cap. I don't know if this is truly what helped but he did his table on Saturday without any hesitation. And as luck would have it, all the bars stayed up and his contacts were good. He was pretty speedy too, so we ended up with 4th place. Jumpers was a challenging course with some interesting turns on either end of the weaves. Again the bars stayed up and we had a clean run! We weren't in the ribbons, but still a very respectable 8th place.

Sunday, in Standard, Jimmy again gave me a beautiful table. No hesitation whatsoever, just popped right on. I was amazed, pleased, relieved, you name it. But, alas, he came flying down the dogwalk, completely ignored my command for his 2on2off at the bottom, and sailed right over the contact zone. Sigh. I couldn't get too upset though as the table was a big victory. Jumpers was a really fun, fast course and of course with no double-Q on the line, I was calmer. Jimmy flew through it cleanly and came in 6th.

I didn't realize until writing this post that Jimmy's 2 JWW legs this weekend means he completed his second MXJ requirent of 10 legs! I don't really think there is truly an MXJ2 title, but he has now earned a total of 20 Excellent B JWW legs.

Here are Saturday's runs.......






Tracking Jimmy's MACH progress:
Excellent B JWW legs: 20 (out of 10 needed for his MXJ) Now he's working on his MXJ3!
Excellent B STD legs: 7 (out of 10 needed for his MX) Better than halfway to our MX!
Double Q's: 5 (out of 20 double-Q's needed for a MACH.... 25 Percent!)
MACH Points: 386 (out of 750 speed points needed for a MACH...... 51 Percent!)

Time 2 Beat legs: 4 (out of 15 needed for his T2B) 32 points (out of 100 needed) 

8 comments:

  1. Well done Jimmy and congratulations!
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! It sounds like your hard work with the table has really paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, Jimmy can move! Very nice runs! Congratulations to you both

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy makes me smile. I'm glad the table is not the big hurdle anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I can really sympathize with your table problems, we had some major weave problems. It took a long time & a lot of tries before we seemed to conquer it. It was always a perfect run, except for the weaves... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...