Monday, June 11, 2012

Vying for the Vent!

The weather really heated up over the weekend, hitting the low 90's with increased humidity. Needless to say, when you are always wearing a thick coat, you overheat quickly.

The boys ran around the yard a bit, played some fetch, and then bee-lined for the back door. I could barely open it fast enough as they raced for the a/c vent. It was pretty much a tie, so they jostled each other for the best air flow. It's not like there is only one vent in the house, but this one is the favorite. It is in the kitchen after all.

 How quickly can you cool off when you are jammed up against another overheated body?

Wilson: You move! I was here first!

Jimmy: I'm not going anywhere and you can't make me!



12 comments:

  1. Looks like Jimmy's portion is pretty much blocked by paws! What great photos; they made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Maybe they could find another vent instead of cramming on top of one another! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmy is actually pretty smart about the vents. He will go into the dining room and use that vent. At this particular moment I think they were feeling competitive, and didn't want to relinquish "top dog" status :-)

      Delete
  3. The invention of the AC...what a blessing. I'm with your two poochies...just love the cool air when I get too hot on an a toasty day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That's hilarious! What a great picture of the two of them, tongues out and all! LOL! It's really hot and humid here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys you crack me up with the thought that vent numero uno is in the kitchen! What a surprise???
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of our 2 cats in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! They look like good buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Teddy loves the vent in the kitchen too! He thinks it is the best place in the house. BOL!

    Just stopping by from the blog hop to say hi!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that picture. They look like the best of buddies!

    Happy Monday!
    Colby

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have passed on the fabulous ‘Sunshine Award’ to you! Please pop over and scroll down to the award post and collect it.
    Best wishes Molly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...