Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Longest Day of the Year

I love the long days of summer! So today is my favorite day of all! Today has more hours of daylight than any other.

I don't usually get home from work until 7PM. That makes for a late dinner hour. Even after the meal's cleanup and a short dog walk (due to super-hot temps), it was still full daylight. I thought I would document the lateness of the light in a special way.

Check this out.....

9PM and the sky is still blue!
Now I know 9PM isn't the latest daylight there is. I can remember a dinner I ate in Paris one time at nearly 10 PM and it was still full daylight! But here in Northern Va., this is as good as it gets.

Now you probably can't see the details of the clock in the picture above. So here is a bit of a close-up....

Click to enlarge the details.....
This is a lovely Barbie Sonnett work of art. The text at the top says....It's Cardigan Corgi Time!
This is one of my most treasured of her sculptures that I am so lucky to have, both amazing and functional!


HAPPY SUMMER, EVERYONE!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Summer to you all!
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cool clock! I so enjoyed the sun we had yesterday. When we were in Amsterdam last month, it stayed light out until after 10PM! Madness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea! I was surprised the other night myself when I came up from the basement at 8:45 and it was still downright light outside. Ah if only it could stay that way.... :)

    Love your clock. It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...