Friday, May 18, 2012

Living the T-Shirt Life - Volume Four.....but NCC*

* No Corgi Content

Today is National Bike to Work Day!

Today is  National Bike to Work Day. Living, as I do,  right on the W and OD Bike Trail/Park , which is a major bicycle commuter route, I thought I would participate in today's event. It was a well-coordinated effort and if you pre-registered for the event, you got a t-shirt. Who doesn't love a free t-shirt?! I often walk the dogs along the horse trail that runs parallel with the paved bike trail so I know the usual volume of bikes going to work in the morning. There was very definitely a big uptick in the amount of riders out there today! As part of the event, there are pit-stops scattered throughout the region. There was one about three miles from my house, so that's where we headed to pick up our t-shirts, etc. They were providing fruit, snacks, drinks, etc.

Pit Stop in Sterling, Virginia

Now, I work for a great company that allows us to work from home at least one day a week. Friday is my usual day, so I can't really say I biked to my office (a 17 mile ride!), but I did bike to "work" since I rode home after checking out the pit-stop.

Did anyone else ride a bike to work today?

Previous entries in my Living the T-shirt Life series:

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, EVERYONE!

5 comments:

  1. I google mapped my commute via a bike route - it would take 6 hours and 17 minutes. I like your shirt though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Didn't go to work, but wouldn't have biked it anyway...like Finn, think it would take me a few hours to bike my 20 mile freeway drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could bike to work! There are no bike paths to my job - and one stretch of road is too dangerous - like a suicide mission. I only live 4 miles away so it sucks. However I did 1.5 miles on the exercise bike at the gym so I guess that counts, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't ride a bike! Thanks for Your visit on my Birthay yes the cake was good :)
    Love and Huggs Tess xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...