Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Accentuate the Positive!

Today I am feeling rather petty. I just learned a fellow agility competitor's young dog has been diagnosed with cancer. They are dealing with the sadness, stress, and medical treatments that accompany this. What a difficult time for them. And to think I was bashing Jimmy for his table performance in yesterday's post. Shame on me! It's only a game and I should rejoice in every opportunity I get to play it. You never know when it will be your last time.

Having said that, I am going to share our good JWW runs from the weekend. Jimmy did a great job in Jumpers and I should be proud of his efforts.




3 comments:

  1. Coupla weeks ago I went to a herding clinic where I learned that we have hardly advanced at all in the last two years. I felt embarrassed and stupid.

    Stewart's revised axiom: Your problem is the most important problem in the world, even if it is just a first world problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice runs!

    Don't beat yourself up. Our own problems always grab our attention. It is when we hear the sorrows of others that we can put things into perspective. The fact that you can share your competitor's sorrow shows the kind of person you are. Cut yourself some slack and give your dogs some hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice runs, Taryn. I LOVE Jimmmy's weaves. I think I'll play these videos to Rip.

    I know what you mean about never knowing when your last run will be. I kept putting of taking Ziggy back into the ring for his last CD leg. I wanted to spend a little more time so we could bring our scores up. Too late for that now :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...