Friday, February 3, 2012

Playing with Light

I follow a blog called the The 7MSN Ranch. Linda is an amazing photographer and also has a great talent for telling a story from seemingly everyday life photos. If you are not familiar with her blog, it is really worth your time to explore her website/blog.

The other day, she posted a photograph of her dog Smooch taken against the sunrise. It's a lovely shot, and it inspired me to go out and play with the morning light. I don't have her technical skill yet, so I definitely didn't get quite the same drama, but I had fun trying. Here's what I got.....


No backlighting, but still the light is pretty......


 
Next, I posed Jimmy. The sun had risen further by this time, so the light had changed. I found these amusing because Jimmy's attention was drawn to a hawk that flew over us.

Jimmy: This sucks! I hate posing. That big eye freaks me out!



Jimmy: Oh, wait! what's that?!



Jimmy: Ooooooh!


Jimmy: Wish I could fly...I'd so be outta here......


Have a great weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Like the pictures! Especially 5! I wonder if a hawk is all he sees? Great weekend to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures. It's fun to play with the light. Finn watches birds overhead too, which is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Number 1 is my favorite! It's beautiful. The photography over at The 7MSN Ranch is gorgeous, isn't it? I think that clear, crisp high desert air helps! (-;

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...