Monday, June 20, 2011

The Weekend Report - Two New Titles!

Jimmy and I had a GREAT agility weekend! We Q'd in 3 out of our 4 runs. That alone is wonderful, but two of the runs resulted in new titles to make it even sweeter. Saturday morning started with Excellent A Standard where we needed one more leg to finish our AX title. That always amps up the nerves for me, so I tried very hard not to focus on that. It was a fairly easy course (esp. compared to what we train on in class), with some subtle challenges you needed to take into account. Jimmy was up for the game and we ran a nice smooth course. He gave me a very good table! So we had our 3rd leg to finish his AX title and he even earned a 1st place ribbon. It seemed like it took a really long time to earn this title but looking back through my agility journal it turns out it took seven tries, so really not too bad. And in the three successful legs, they were all 1st places! What a good boy! As it turns out it was Open Standard that got me so far behind in STD compared to Jumpers. It took 17 tries to finish my Open STD title, yikes!

Next was Excellent B Jumpers (JWW) where we were trying for leg #9 of our Master Jumpers title. With most of my nerves calmed from the STD run, this run went by in a successful blur. So we now had 9 out of the 10 legs needed. Checking the results list I was pleased to see Jimmy's run was fairly speedy and although he did not place in the ribbons (top 4 dogs) he was #6, so very respectable!

Sunday started with Standard again, where Jimmy had been moved up to the Excellent B level. It was a trickier course and unfortunately Jimmy took out the top bar of the triple jump. The rest of his run was clean with another beautiful table performance.

The last run for the weekend was for leg #10 of our Master Jumpers. Once again, I tried not to let a potential titling leg monkey with my mojo! The judge presented us with an easy course (thank you!). We had 44 seconds to get it done and Jimmy ran clean in a hair over 29 seconds. Woohoo! We had our MXJ title! When I went to pick up my Q ribbon, I was pleasantly surprised to see we had even earned a 4th place ribbon. It is very hard to beat those speedy shelties, so any time I place in the B class is a thrill! Looking through my journal, it took only 13 tries to get my 10 legs, and out of those we had one 2nd place and three 4th places. I am pretty proud of those stats and how hard Jimmy tries.

Between the two JWW runs, we added another 28 MACH points to our tally. Also, now that I have moved up to the B class in Standard, I can now start working on the 20 Double-Q's also needed for our MACH, as well as earning points when we Q in STD.

 His registered name now looks like: Fine Creek's Sharp Dressed Man MXJ AX NF HT CGC .

Go, Jimmy, Go!




Tracking Jimmy's MACH progress:
Excellent B JWW legs: 10 (out of 10 needed for his MXJ) Now he's working on his MXJ2!
Excellent B STD legs: 0 (out of 10 needed for his MX) But at least we are now in B class!
Double Q's: 0 (out of 20 double-Q's needed for a MACH)
MACH Points: 129 (out of 750 speed points needed for a MACH)

7 comments:

  1. Yay Jimmy!!! I'm so proud of you!

    I love his registered name, very appropriate for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jimmy and Taryn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Jim-bo!! And Taryn too - way to keep those nerves at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend! I also like Jimmy's MACH tracker. Go, Jimmy, Go! (indeed)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool (and not a bit surprising)! Way to go! (Love the registered name trail.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job -- Speedy Jimmie has to be a test, but what nice results you two turn in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...