Friday, September 3, 2010

Tunnel!

....But not the kind you were probably thinking!

On one of my routine walks, we pass over a paved drainage line that funnels rain into one of the ponds. I never paid much attention to the tunnels, other than to run the boys through them a couple times just for a lark. For some reason this summer, the home owners assoc. for my neighborhood decided to beautify the tunnel entrances by covering the plain cement with pretty stone. I walked by when the men were doing the work so it caught my eye. Instantly it bugged me as an interesting place to get a picture of the boys. As it turned out, it wasn't easy to accomplish and it didn't yield the effect I thought it would. First, trying to get the boys to each stay in their own tunnel end was tough. Each one was worried that the other one was getting a treat (I had brought treats to help get cooperation) so they popped out many times. Then the lighting just didn't do what I needed/wanted. Jimmy doesn't show up so well, a common black dog problem.


Wilson looking cute...Jimmy with a silly face.....


Jimmy showing up a little better.....


And saving my favorite for last....Both boys giving very cute expressions! But all the pretty stonework is gone, sigh......





5 comments:

  1. Great photos, even if they didn't turn out as you had hoped. That happens so often for me! One girl will stay put, the other will stand up or run off! It's fun to keep trying!

    Happy Labor Day Weekend!

    Darby's human

    ReplyDelete
  2. First class photos, that last one are you going to have it printed? you know you could.
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Have a GREAT Birthday! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good!

    I had to do a little fancy "sit, down, stay" with Winnie to get the shot of her "reading" the Doctors Foster and Grant cataloge. Good job!

    http://herdingthecorgi.blogspot.com/2010/07/merles-door.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the last picture, you got such great expression on the boys. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...