Monday, February 8, 2010

The Storm of the Century

Well, the official snowfall total at Dulles Int'l Airport (just a couple miles from my house) was 32 inches! That's a whole lotta snow, especially considering we already had about a six inch base. There is a possibility of six more inches tomorrow night. If all our winters were like this one, I would be moving south! It's pretty, no doubt, but enough is enough!

The path headed to the backyard, where we have shoveled a racetrack for the boys. It is so deep they lose sight of each other and have to "prairie dog" up to find each other.






That's a four foot fence......
My deck railing with an interesting formation......





Another interesting formation.......

It took three different shoveling sessions to keep the driveway passable. I have more than a few achy muscles!




3 comments:

  1. THAT is a lot of snow! I hope it begins melting off so you can put your shovel away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes on the shovelling, but I must admit it does this Mainer's heart good to see that snow fall someplace else. We had a gorgeous, sunny weekend here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's getting old. I am ready for something different, weatherwise...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...