Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dolphins!

John loves the jetski because he can get his adrenaline thrill by jumping the breakers and the wakes of large boats, and just buzzing around at breakneck speed. I love the the jetski for the places it can take us. The following pictures of a pod of dolphins were taken out in the ocean while we sat on the jetski. They were in a feeding frenzy and paid us no mind at all. They popped up very close to us (we had the engine off and were just floating), in some cases close enough to touch if you felt so inclined. They are quite aggressive chasing and eating the fish. It would be very scary to fall in the water with them!

On other occasions when they were just frolicking and not eating, they have actually popped up close by to take a look at us.

I know the pictures aren't great but I only took the small point and shoot Canon. I didn't want to risk my DSLR. The shutter delay means I got more tails and fins than anything else, but still pretty neat. Click to enlarge the photos.









This one is really out of focus but it was the only time I actually caught a face!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...